By clicking the button here to enter, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to the information below about this event...
Toowoon Bay Ocean Swim
Nice, family oriented swim on a very protected beach on the NSW Central Coast. So family-oriented that this is the only swim that we know of that offers event t-shirts in children's sizes. Order them as you enter online and pick them up at the beach on swim day. This is an excellent event for new swimmers wanting experience in the ocean and for younger swimmers and less confident swimmers. And it's good for experienced swimmers, who can get a good, hard 1km or 2km in in relatively friendly water.
Toowoon Bay is a beautiful beach, which sits inside a bay sheltered by reef on both sides of its entrance, as you can see from the image above.
It's also a Sat'dee swim, which means it clashes probably with nothing else, except, perhaps, for kids' sport. An excellent opportunity to get in two swims on the one weekend, with Coogee around Wedding Cake Island the next day.
What you need to know...
- Event - Toowoon Bay Ocean Swim
- Organiser - Toowoon Bay SLSC with The Entrance Swimming Club
- Distance - 2km, 1km, and 400m special swim for 8-12 year-olds as well as grown-ups.
- Venue - Toowoon Bay, between Terrigal and The Entrance (very close to the latter).
- Time/Date - Saturday, November 20, 2021, 8:15am (400m), 9:15am (1km), 10:30am (2km)
- Registration - Online here, or on the beach on race day morn from 7am. Registrations for each event close half an hour prior to the start of that event.
- Entry fee - 2km - $35 ($40 on race day), 1km - $30 ($35), 400m - $20 ($25) 13 yrs +, $15 ($20) 8-12 yrs, 1km + 2km - $50 ($55), 1km + 2km + 400m - $55 ($60)
- Online entries close - 3pm, Friday, November 19, 2021
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use their parent's email address, not their own. Any entry of an U18 swimmer that uses the U18 swimmer's email address will be refused.
- Swim aids - Swimmers are allowed to use swim aids (such as wetsuits, fins, snorkel, pull buoy), but are not eligible for major prizes and will start at the back of the pack. If you wish to use swim aids, please indicate in the appropriate field on the entry portal.
- Conditions - It's a nice easy swim, with a bit of swell rolling through the bay entrance, but rarely anything difficult or nasty. There's a nice roll to the water on the outer reach, but a nice, easy break, more a lap-lap-lap on the shore at the start/finish. Not much in the way of rips.
- Mimimum age - 8 (400m), 11 (1km), 12 (2km)
- Phone contact - Be sure to enter a valid Australian mobile number with your entry online. Organisers may decide to send sms messages to entrants advising of changes to event arrangments. If you don't leave a valid Australian mobile number, you won't receive them.
- Event t-shirts - Order multiple shirts along with your online entry. $20 each, sizes from XXXL-S (adults) and S, M, L (kids). Order them with your online entry, or just go to the shop directly... Click here
- Further info - Phone Greg Owen 0414 877 672 and event Facebook page
- Downloads - Hard copy entry form... Closer to event day... and event flyer... Closer to event day
- Progress online entries - To check progress entries online... Closer to event day
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice; do not hit the Submit button more than once. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, first check the progress online entries list (link above) to see whether your entry got through, then check your credit card statement online to see whether your card has been debited for the entry. If there's still a problem, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders.
We take only Mastercard and Visa.
Enter this event now... Closer to event day
Where it is...